"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Resolutions and Goals



So it's January 2, 2010 (that feels really weird to type). I hope that this year will bring many great things for our family and friends.
I have never really been one to make big proclamations on new years day about what I am going to do or not do. But this year there are a few things I would like to think I could change in 2010.
  • I'd like to make more of an effort to exercise beyond just doing bootcamp twice a week.
  • I'd like to find healthier ways to get Ayla the fat and calories she needs, even if it's hard!
  • I'd like to finally make a decision with Larry on whether or not to expand our family.
  • I'd like to try not to make anymore bad financial decisions.
  • I'd like to pry the passy from my daughters mouth for good.
  • I'd like to begin "officially" home-schooling Ayla.
  • I'd like to raise a lot of money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
I'm not sure if I will perfect some or all of these things, but that's the goal. I can already think of other things I should have put on that list (like being more anal about Ayla's treatments) I already am but there's still room for improvement!

I am hoping that this year will be better than last year for my family. For some of them, it's been a really hard year.
It's always a good feeling to begin a new year, almost like a clean page in a book and you have the pen & the ability to write your future. I wonder what mine will say?

What are some of your resolutions and hopes for 2010?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post....I can give you some sisterly advice on one of those!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, do you know how proud it makes me that you are setting goals? Wow! I'm really impressed! You can accomplish these! If you put your mind to it and rely of the Lord you can do it!

    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete