"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, January 11, 2010

Another "Drop" to be made Tues...


Ayla has been doing so great! Her appetite has increased more than it ever has. She is actually saying she's hungry all the time now. Before the change of diet to less fat, she would never ask for more helpings and barely had an interest in food at all.

Recently she has been trying to new things eating 3 meals a day with 3 snacks a day because she wants too, not because mommy wants her too. It makes me so happy to see her eat and enjoy it. And I feel a lot better about the foods she's getting now.

I took Ayla to the pediatrician last week because she had a cough before we went to my sisters and she has lost about a half a pound :0( We don't ever like to see that. But I guess that's to be expected since she isn't aloud to have milk until we get rid of this C-diff "officially". Her Dr's weren't overly concerned by it. They mailed me an order for another test to be done to see if this C-diff is gone. And to see if this "natural" approach to getting rid of it through diet change worked. I got that order today in the mail. So as you may suspect I have already "collected" the specimen and we are ready to take it first thing in the morning!

I am so afraid to say it but I think this may have worked this time. She really seems to be feeling so much better. I usually get a call the same day I drop it off with results. So I will do an update tommorow to let all of you know the "official" results.

By the way Ayla got rid of her yucky cough all by herself with no anti-biotics, for Cf'ers that's really awesome news!

Please keep Ayla in your prayers for a negative test result and no relapse!

No comments:

Post a Comment