"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Update on "The Drop"


Well...I promised an update so here it is....

It's not the one I wanted to be giving you all today. The test came back positive.

I am so bummed about this.

I really thought the test was going to be negative because we have seen such an improvement in Ayla this past month.

I don't have much to say I am so disappointed, so sad that our efforts thus far have failed-but not entirely.

We went from 4-6 greasy BM's a day, with constant belly pain, and hardly eating TO
2-3 good BM's a day, with much less belly pain and eating better than ever.
So that's something to be grateful for.

I guess now I would ask all of you who read this to continue to pray for Ayla, pray for the belly pain to stop completely (I'm thinking when that is gone in total, the C-diff will be as well). And when we go to Shand's in February for this to be gone. If not they will consider admitting her for a few days to do further testing to find out what's going on.

I have not yet heard from the Dr's @ Shand's, I imagine they will call in the next few days to see how she's doing and talk about these results. I will let you all know of any changes in our approach to this as they come.

"For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)









1 comment:

  1. Krista,
    I know these aren't the results we wanted, but we KNOW that Ayla's better. She's on her way to being C-Diff Free! Just keep doing what you're doing like it all depends on you and keep praying like it all depends on God.

    Thanking God for our blessings!

    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete