"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ayla-Update: "Proceed with Caution"

So I just had to update everyone on Ayla and our "new-plan" from the doctor's. Things have been going really well. She is learning to like some new foods and her belly issues are about 80% improved! She hasn't had any grease & hardly complains of belly pain at all anymore! And for those of you who know me or are Cf''ers yourselves you know most of my posts have something to do with poop. And just now Ayla had her first BM of the day and it was a SINKER-people!! That's like the poop all of us cf parents dream about for our kiddos and she had one today. I have to believe that this new diet is really agreeing with her.
And to top that off, we went to the pediatrician yesterday to check on this cough (which was just a cold) and Ayla hadn't lost any weight since he'd seen her! In the meantime she had had a 4 day stomach flu and total change in her diet. Hardly any fat at all!! And we are maintaining!! I am so excited to see what she will weigh at our next visit. I feel so much better about what food I am giving her now and would love for her to thrive on this diet.
So it has really been a great few days, we are doing treatments (CPT & Nebs) and just hanging out together.
Yesterday I also made a "drop" aka: stool sample yesterday, they are testing her fat & carb absorption. So I am really interested to see how those come back.
Just wanted to keep you all in "the-loop" with Ayla and her progress. I really feel like this is the beginning of a turn-around in her GI health. It's crazy how dietitians tell me to pile on the fat and that may have been part of our problem in the first place.
I guess you live and you learn.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Love good news posts!

    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for good news! Glad to hear things are going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Glad she finally had a good poop..... you should call your next blog....
    "In the loop On Aylas Poop" LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a good idea brittney! Thanks for all the comments..

    ReplyDelete