"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, December 14, 2009

C-Diff: volume ____? to many to count...


I emailed Ayla's Dr today because I am concerned these meds she's been on aren't getting the job done.. I am about 90% sure that she would still test positive for C-difficile if tested today. Which makes me very sad. I was thinking about it last night and realized that we have been dealing with this bug since at LEAST September!

Her doctor emailed me back and is going to call in ANOTHER stool sample to be done. But I really have no doubt she still has it. She has been having the same or more belly pain here lately and her BM's are not formed and greasy (for the most part) -sorry for all of you who don't know but we CF'ers talk a lot about poop!

So I will probably get that together (polite words for collecting the sample) tomorrow and take it down to the lab and wait yet again for these results. I think this is the 6th time now that we have done this.

My question to her doctor was "what is the next step in getting rid of this" I mean we have tried 2 different methods now, CMON!

Ayla has been such a sport and still is the happiest child you'll ever see, but I feel so bad that she has had to deal with this all these months!

Please pray that whatever step needs to be taken to get rid of this C-diff (if we test positive) is the right one and that it will work for us!
I'll post an update after labs are done.

frustrated mama,


No comments:

Post a Comment