"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...


So for most of you that know me and Larry and Ayla, you know about how difficult it was finding out about her diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis @ birth. Especially since we had no knowledge of any family history of this gene that had been with us all along! And after we went through all the surgeries and learning more about how fast life can change on you, we were afraid to even murmer the words "getting pregnant again"... We hardly ever talk about it...it's like when one of us wants to bring it up we can see an unspoken fear rise up in the other and we blow it off as something else. Lately though we have let ourselves go as far as to think about names IF we ever have any more children. And thats a fun game to play. But its only a game. So yesterday I was taking a bath (which is a great time to think, eat, cry, heal what ails you or anything else) and I was thinking about how nice it would be to be living in that dream that I could just say "lets have another baby!" and not worry about what I will pass on to that child...or if I didnt pass those genes on the guilt I would feel for having a healthy child when Ayla lives with Cf... So I began to pray about it...and I just said: "Lord, please reveal to me your plan for my family. Please let me know in such a way that I can understand it and receive it. I want to know if we should have more kids, if thats in your will for my life. I need to know that I can have peace about it so I wont worry AS MUCH. Please let me know, I will wait to hear from you." After that I went on to finish my bath got out and carried on as I would any other day. And just a few minutes ago I went in to wake Ayla up from her nap today. I carried her to the couch for some snuggling time and in her half-woken state she murmered these words: "What are u worried about?" I said WHAT? again she said "What are you worried about?"....."Me?" I asked her why she said that..she just repeated herself again...and just changed the subject. I couldnt help but wonder, had God given my 2.5 yr old daughter a word for me? Because everybody knows that if you want me to pay attention to something important let it come from my child. So thats what I am podering this afternoon a little over 24 hours after requesting to hear something from God.... I can't believe she said that! What am I worried about? AMAZING

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes!! Children have that child like faith and God uses them to speak to us sometimes.
    I am enjoying reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete