"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, November 23, 2009

C-Difficult


For the last week or so we have been flying-high around the Tucker home. After getting the negative result for C-diff we thought we had seen the last of it.

For the last 3-4 days I have been seeing symptoms of that retched-bug, I have been keeping it to myself and praying a little harder that night. Yesterday I heard one too many cries of belly pain to be able to ignore it.

This morning I was awaken by Ayla needing to use the bathroom at 6 am. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach when she was done. As this morning continued she had 3-4 Bm's fairly close together and grease was present. Her belly was really bothering her until the episode was over and she had gone all she could go.

I needed to come to terms with the fact that this was back. So I "collected" a sample because I knew I'd need one to confirm my suspicions. I contacted her Doctor and drove to the lab to drop it off.

Less than 2 hours later I got a call confirming what I already knew. They have a more aggressive plan for treating this. She will begin a 6 week course of antibiotics that gradually tapers down on the dosage amounts.

I am feeling very drained and stressed from this always looming over us. With all that I worry about with Cystic Fibrosis, Billiary Attresia and now C-diff my head actually hurts today.

Please keep Ayla and her mother in your prayers we need it!

*On a more positive note: Thank you Jesus for a normal sputum culture (her CF center does routine sputum cultures every 3 months)!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment