"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nanny Food....

Every time my Nanny comes over to my mom's, she comes bearing gifts. Whether it's hampers of fresh peas to shell or other yummy veggies- it's always something to look forward to. My sister Allison is in town with her boys and so it went without saying that Nanny would come over and we would well...EAT! All of the grandkids & great-grandkids know her food by name! Its not just peas....it's Nanny's Peas...Not just dressing.....it's Nanny's Dressing....Basically she could cook a stick and it would taste amazing (I have to say my mom inherited this gift as well)!
Ayla especially loves corn on the cob, it doesn't really matter where it comes from. Every time Nanny comes she brings corn to cook for her and I have to stop her from eating after about 3 ears of corn.
Nanny is coming today, since my sister is leaving tomorrow and we will have a feast. I will be sure to let none go to waste! :)
Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment