"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, November 14, 2011

Nautical Shower for a Friend

Last Sunday I hosted a baby shower for a good friend of mine who is due with her first child, a boy in January.  This was my first time hosting a party like this on my own and I had a lot of fun researching ideas on Pintrest and blogs!
I got a lot of great crafting ideas and decided I would give them a try.  I found out something new about myself. "I'm crafty"-when I wanna be!
Here are a few of the projects I was working on and pictures from Molly's Shower:
I made these for the Mom to be & Grandma's
I made this wreath-idea off Pintrest!
Ayla decided she wanted to help so she colored these shapes!
This was our cute "Welcome" sign
My camera was not working right..but this was an idea I loved...have guests fill out addressed envelopes to "save Molly some time"
Words of Wisdom for Mom
Ready to Pop- Popcorn party favors!
Loved this idea- to hang in his room!
Some decor in her gorgeous house
One of our tables!
A view of the gifts and decorations (and mom enjoying something-haha)
Our cupcake display
Cupcake Toppers off Etsy
Some of the delicious food we had
Mommy to Be!
Molly and I 
(disclaimer: I really dislike this picture of myself but it's the only one I had)

I had so much fun planning this shower and am so excited to meet baby Caleb!  

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job! Love all of the ideas...and I seriously love Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a NEAT party! Loved all the ideas (and LOVE Pinterest!!!). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super crafty! I love that about you!xoxo!

    ReplyDelete