"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mind Wars....

Do you ever feel like a war is going on inside your head?
Last night I fought a battle......not the physical kind but the mental kind....
I somehow got the thought in my head that I hadn't been feeling the the baby Autumn move as much as I had in recent days and my mind took that and ran with it....
I know that I am 24 weeks pregnant and that "those kinds of things" don't often happen this late in pregnancy......but I spend more time worrying about losing this baby than the test for Cystic Fibrosis coming on her birthday.
I know what to do when those kinds of thoughts enter my mind....you know the kind....the gripping, walking through the situation kind of thoughts.....where you catch yourself right before the devastation sets in.
My mom always tells me to say "CANCEL" (see mom I do listen) and I do that....I began to pray and thank God for this baby -this healthy baby.  I always find myself apologizing for letting doubt creep in on me and pleading my case.
I had this happen 2 or 3 times last night and even again this morning....the story always ends with Autumn giving a good kick or twirl where I have no question that it was her.
So if you think that I am out of the woods or that I deal with these things so well.....well......your wrong!  It's a struggle everyday to say "NO" to those fears and the fears that come after I have said "NO" to those...but it is a choice....and I'm choosing to have "Faith."

3 comments:

  1. Worried about the baby not moving as much? You remind me of someone that I know....Oh, that's right, my wife!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancel is a great answer...but I would like to suggest speaking God's promises OUT LOUD at that moment is how you do it. Fear does not come from the Lord, it is a tool of the enemy. So cancel it with praise and promises. When you have those irrational fears, SPEAK them away.
    Example, My God is for me, so who can be against me?
    My God works all circumstances to my good (Rom 8:28), he sees my baby in the womb and watches her day and night. (Psalm 119). Whatever promises/scripture works for you to quench the anxiety do it! Cast all your worries on him, because he cares for you! 1st Peter 5:7

    ReplyDelete