"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

~Ayla's First Day of VPK~

First day of VPK at Wesley 2011
She was so ready!
One with Mom
Being Silly
You would have thought this child had never seen the sun...she would not open her eyes!
Standing by the "Big Slide"
Outside her Classroom
At her desk
One from the hallway as I was walking away....yes I am "that mom"
Last Silly face!

Ayla had a great day today!  The morning went pretty smoothly considering we aren't early risers and had about a million things to get done before we could leave.  I even had time to co-ordinate her breakfast that needs to have dairy with her CIPRO that can't be given within 2 hours of Dairy, 3 treatments and lunch made and myself dressed all before 845 am!  
She was so ready for today, she was very excited and never got upset when I dropped her off.  I can't believe how big she is.  I remember when she was born wondering if anything like today was ever going to be possible for her.  
I went back for a meeting with her teacher this afternoon and she said Ayla was a very happy child, she seemed to adjust well and her enzymes went over with ease (what a relief!!) The kids were in the "Gym" while we met with the teachers so I went down to get her and she saw me and got a little upset.  I asked her why and she said "a girl wasn't playing with her"-I guess there was one girl she really wanted to play with who wasn't co-operating.  She still had good things to say about her day and talked about going back tomorrow-so that's a good sign! 
What a big day we all had today!  I know we will ALL be tired later today.....I felt really good about our decision to send her to Wesley, I loved the christian basis and all of the people seemed really nice.
All in all it was a success, we will see what tomorrow holds!

~Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment