"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ayla Update!

Ayla is doing better with her tummy-troubles.  When her Dr. prescribed Cipro along with Tobi for Psuedomonas I read on the box not to give it within 6 hours of antacids.  So I stopped giving her prevacid.  There I go thinking I know everything, I should have called pharmacist b/c since she has been on her 3 week break from that regimen (we start back Sat) Prevacid has resumed and her tummy has been a lot better.  We still have a oily stool here and there but I am beginning to realize that's just CF.
So today while talking to the pharmacist at the Cystic Fibrosis Pharmacy I asked him about my antacid theory and he said....prevacid is fine.  Just no tums or Maalox or anything like that.  So maybe this round will much less eventful on the GI side than last.
In NON-CF news....she is starting school on Tuesday!  We have open house on Monday night and she gets to meet her teacher and she is so excited.  I really feel like I made the best decision because I am really excited for her and not anxious.  I am sure I will still be sad the day of.  She's getting so big!! If all goes well she will be starting kindergarten next year and that will be cra-zy!!!
Hopefully everything goes well with getting her enzymes at lunch..that is my only concern.  I am praying she can meet some new friends, she needs some play-mates!! But I will have lots of pictures from our first day and hopefully we can all get used to getting up a little earlier in order to get morning treatments done....This house doesn't rise early.......for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment