"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rest In Peace...another sweet life lost to CF

This little guy was 7 years old....he lost his battle late Thursday to Prune Belly Syndrome and Cystic Fibrosis...

I hate to admit it but when I see things like this sometimes I don't even want to read the blog post that it came from.  It's really selfish but when I see my daughter and how alive she is...it's too hard to ponder the thought that this could be her.  And that's what happens when the killer that CF is shows itself in ways like this...taking little Connor away from his family and this world...it's just not fair!

There have been so many things in my life that haven't went according to plan..and didn't make sense to me..and this is yet another one...This little boy lived only 7 years and fought his entire life to stay alive and be healthy.

It's so heartbreaking to see this sweet face and know that he suffered from the same disease that my Ayla lives with..Why must some live to be old and gray with this disease and other's pass away so young?

Month's ago I read Connor's mom blog and felt for this mother knowing that her son would not live even another year is unimaginable to me!  I have been watching as other CF parents have posted about his updates and knowing the end was near for this little one...was just so hard.

I have felt so many different things...the way I deal with most things is to not speak of it...some people feel that if they don't acknowledge things in life they aren't giving that thought life....and that's where I have been.  Afraid to write about it...afraid to post about it...because if I did I was admitting it was possible for Ayla.

But I decided this morning to get out of my head and write about this and honor Connor and his life.  The thought that this could happen to Ayla is a thought that never really escapes me anyway.  And I wanted to do my part along with the other CF bloggers to lift up the Jones' family in prayer.

You can make a donation in Connor's name to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

Please join with me in prayer for his family and his precious parents.
And for the government to somehow see that this disease NEEDS federal funding for research.
And for the scientists and researchers diligently working toward a cure for CF.

Rest In Peace & Breathe Easy Little One,
~krista

No comments:

Post a Comment