"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, June 21, 2010

My New Thing.....

So recently a family friend gave me this gadget called the Beaba-Cooker (you can get one @ Williams-Sonoma)...
This is what it looks like...

Before I got this little-jewel I had been asking around all over facebook and Cystic Life for advice & recipes on feeding my little one "better" food.  I had been gathering items and making a list for the next time I went to the grocery store, to buy as much organic foods as I could. 

When I was given the Beaba-Cooker I got really excited because this gave me a way to quickly cook (in less than 15 minutes) a nutritious high-calorie meal for Ayla.  This is so neat because in the book it says to use the leftover water from steaming to blend food to your desired texture....but I added organic half
half to my baby sweet potatoes...blended them with skins on and added Cinnamon and pure cane sugar...I tried them and wanted them all for myself!!

This is just one example of the food you can quickly cook with this thing...there are fruit and yogurt blends all kinds of veggie ideas and so much more!  You can leave steamed veggies or fruits whole or blend them for a yummy treat!  Did I mention this is an awesome baby food maker?

I have gotten on this kick, of wanting to offer better foods to my family...not like a diet but just more "real" food.  Less packaging, less preservatives, more organic foods for the whole family.  I'm trying to make more of the "treats" I give Ayla....and if not they are organic snacks with all natural ingredients.  

I haven't been doing this for long, but already feel so much pride when I give her something I made fresh for her, instead of opening a packaged pizza or Ice cream sandwich!  

Since Ayla has mostly the GI side of Cystic Fibrosis and knowing that sugars are bad for people with digestive problems....this new way of eating will surely improve her tummy-issues!

And with this cooker it's so much easier than I expected.  I was also surprised when I left Publix spending less than $150.00 on all organic foods!  

So I just had to share this gadget with all of you, because I am so excited about it!  
What to cook next???

~Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment