"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Friday, June 11, 2010

My Appointment Update


I had my post-op appointment today, it went good.  Everything looked normal and we were given the "green-light!"
Now we just gotta wait 30 days for insurance to kick-in!

Dr E. had ordered some tests and had the results, most of them came back negative except for one....apparently I have another "bad gene" other than being a Df508 (cf carrier).....it's a genetic mutation that makes you more susceptible to having miss-carriages, stillbirths and other problems related to pregnancy...it's called MTHFR (Google it for tons of info)

So I have to admit that was a shock!  I thought my genes couldn't get any worse!  BUT....there is an upside!  Unlike the Cystic Fibrosis gene I carry there is a treatment for this.  All I have to do is as soon as I get a positive at-home test, I begin a daily regimen of baby Aspirin.  I guess this problem is associated with blood clotting and Aspirin will help to thin the blood.  They just started doing this tests 2 years ago!!
What a blessing that they do!!

So please keep us in your prayers that God will bless us with a healthy child SOON!

~krista

No comments:

Post a Comment