"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

We had such a great Father's Day! We spent most of the day with Larry's family.  His grandpa's 90th birthday was also celebrated.  We had about 13 of Karen's (MIL) side of the family in.  We swam, ate and relaxed by their pool.

Larry's father's day present which I bought last week was given to him early.  I am usually really bad at waiting until the actual event that I bought the gift for but this year I was determined.  I didn't think about the fact that Ayla (the child who is always watching) was with me when I bought it....Later that day....she decides to tell daddy....."Daddy, we got you a watch!" -So needless to say it was a memory-made and Larry loved the watch.
Here's a picture of it, Nice huh?

The rest of the day was spent over at my dad's.  We dropped by to give him a little gift and hang out for a bit.  We were so very tired from "poolin it."  After that we came home got Ayla in bed by 730 and we watched a movie and relaxed on our new couch.  We are lovin it! 

At the end of the day I thought about how much has changed since last father's day....so much has changed for the better.  I had to say a prayer and thank God for the husband and family I have, I am so very lucky!
Happy Father's Day Larry, we love you so much!

~krista

No comments:

Post a Comment