"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, December 20, 2010

Indoor Holiday Fun!

I've been trying to keep Ayla busy since she's had this cold.  Since we can't go and do things and she missed 2 play dates we needed some activities that she would enjoy inside.

*sorry these pics aren't great quality, they were from my phone*

Ayla is so into Christmas lights this year, we have been to this light display near our home multiple times in the last few days.  She really pays attention to Nativity scenes...this picture shows just how much!  She made a nativity scene out of her babies and stuffed animals! So very sweet!!

I picked up a few ceramic ornaments from the craft store, I figured she would like to paint some and she could make one this year instead of doing the Hallmark thing!  She LOVED it, we went back to the store the next day and got about 10 more-so we are giving them to all kinds of people.  She even made one for her pediatrician-so sweet!

The next thing we did was pick up a Gingerbread House to put together.   When we got started on it today I realized that I had forgotten how hard these are to do.  Just getting it to stand up was tough, she didn't get to help much with construction but design was all her!

We are still planning on having a Christmas baking day with my mom (Nana) so that will be fun! 
I am loving all of these Christmas Traditions we are making...

I'm getting really excited about Christmas, I have to wrap everything and finish one more of my gifts I have made this year for family.  Can't wait to get some things under the tree and looking forward to the last night of finding a new and exciting place for "John" our Elf on the Shelf, Fan or Curtain to perch each day!

~krista



No comments:

Post a Comment