"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 New Year, New Resolutions....

They are on every one's minds this time of year.  Pondering over how we spent the last year and what we want to change in the next.  Ayla has had a pretty great year health wise, she only had 1 hospital stay due to a blockage in Jan 2010.  Other than that no Pseudo cultures or IV anti-biotics, for a CF'er that's something to celebrate!!

And her liver condition (Billiary Attresia) hasn't reared it's head either..she has continued to thrive from her corrective surgery almost 4 years ago.  Labs continue to improve and weight is being gained at a wonderful rate! She is now 34.5 lbs!! I can remember her being 9 lbs at three months and never imagining she would be so healthy...Her butt is even starting to pooch-out more and there has been some cottage cheese spotted on those legs!!

We are beyond grateful to God for the miracle and blessing she is!!

As far as our family is concerned 2010 will always be thought of with some sadness, after loosing a child to a miss-carriage in May of this year.  But a lot has happened and I have come to terms with that.  We know we will meet that child in heaven some day.  We are hoping we will be blessed again with another child, and are waiting on God's timing.

Our business has thrived this year and expanded, in a time when success is hard to measure.  My husband has worked so very hard to provide for us and to allow me to stay home-we are so blessed this is an option for us!

As far as Goals for 2011 are concerned, I have a few:

- I want to be more organized in our home and business (this is on every one's list I'm sure!)
- I want to start scrap booking, I realized I have all of my beautiful photos on the computer and no-where else!
- I'll just throw the exercise one in here for kicks, since I'm hoping 2011 will bring a desire for this!
- I want to take time to read the bible more regularly (I think that's more do-able than saying I want to read it through!)

I could go on and on....But I guess the most important goal in life is to never stop improving yourself in whatever role(s) you play....Play them well....and for ME thats:  Wife, Mom, Child, Sister, Friend, Nurse, Cook, Maid, Counselor, Book-keeper, Writer and Coach!

~So Goodbye 2010 and Hello 2011~

~krista



1 comment:

  1. Don't forget your role of being my daughter! LOL

    Love you!

    A great list of goals!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete