"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Stressors!!

It seems like this time of year everyone is trying to be full of "Holiday-Cheer" but tend to be more full of "Holiday-Stress!"


So many of my friends and family are experiencing so much worry over Christmas and all the spending that comes along with this time of year.  It's more difficult to cover your existing monthly expenses and fund your families "most" memorable Christmas ever, right?!

I know that our family is no exception to this...my husband who owns his own business (and is the sole bacon-bringer) is really feeling the crunch...His customers are dealing with the same problems and in turn don't pay their bills quite often in the month of December.  Which makes life tough this time of year.  

We have decided to scale back A LOT this year.  I am going to be making most of the gifts I give to my family and Larry and I decided we really don't need anything.  After getting a MAC last year- I'm still riding that one! Ayla's Christmas will still be great, I will just be bargain shopping more than previous years.  

Hopefully we can all find ways to enjoy this time of year and really take in all it has to offer.  It's not so much about gift giving on Dec 25th as it is about appreciating everything we already have.  I don't think it's a coincidence that God put Thanksgiving a month before Christmas- I think he wanted to give us a hint about what we should be doing this Holiday Season!

So try to put down your lists and give yourselves permission to just do what you can this year and no more!

I doubt people will mind as much as you think they will...

~krista  

1 comment:

  1. Great post and I wholly agree.

    To me Christmas is about spending time with the ones you love and appreciating every last minute.

    Take care

    x

    ReplyDelete