"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Looking at every little thing...


Since being home from the hospital I am looking at Ayla with one eye open and the other squinted trying not to miss anything.
After finding out she had a blockage last week and going through all of that I just know there were some signs I had to have missed. Or maybe wrote off as something else.
Since Ayla was born her abdomen has been a little bit larger than the normal belly of a 2 year old. I am very self conscious about it, wondering if people are looking at it and what they are thinking and then if they do ask me about it...having to tell them all about why her belly is big.
I also worry because I know it's uncomfortable for her, I try to put her in comfy clothes that aren't tight around the waist. I can tell it inhibits her when she tries to get up from playing.
Today her belly is looking a little big larger to me, and she is still saying her tummy hurts. When I feel her belly it's usually soft and it feels like she's flexing it or something today.
Ofcourse my mind starts going and I have to call the Dr's to make sure that it's normal. I feel like the laxative could prolly make her a little more gassy. But I am waiting on them to call me back.

So today I am praying that I do not worry and just trust that everything's going to be okay. And try to just see the beautiful child she is and not always let my view get distorted by the What-If's.

No comments:

Post a Comment