"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Off Dairy.....again!


Yesterday I changed Ayla's diet yet again....good thing Ayla is so adaptable or I would be in trouble.
I stopped giving her dairy because when I did this before combined with less fat and sugar I saw major improvements in how she felt, bowel movements and bloating as well.
Since coming home and being told to go back to regular diet (high fat) plus starting the laxative we have had bad tummy issues. Poor girl has been going 5-6 times a day, complaining of pain in her belly all day, and her tummy has been so bloated.
So I am hoping that going off dairy and still giving her the good fatty foods in moderation will achieve our weight goals!
Good news I took her to the Dr today and her weight was back up to almost 29lbs. That's what she was prior to the blockage.
We go back to Shands for follow-up appointments next tuesday. I will keep you posted on that when we get back.
Thanks for all the prayers for Ayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment