"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ayla and the other stuff....

So Ayla is turning 5 on Tuesday we had a big party for her today! I will do a separate post with pictures from the day-it was a lot of fun!

Since Ayla got back from Spring Break her school has been noticing some changes in her behavior..She's not acting out or anything...it's the opposite.  She is usually outgoing and very talkative...well since she has been back she's been complaining of tiredness and seems withdrawn from friends and activities.

She has also developed a habit of going to the bathroom (pee) a ridiculous number of times...like 3-4 times an hour...not large amounts...mostly small amounts...

She hasn't been sleeping well either...she wakes up to pee at times and others she just wakes up and says she can't go back to sleep at 3 or 4 in the morning.

There have been some oily messy stools and gassy situations going on in our house which has caused her to come home from school the other day with a distended hard belly from holding it.  I think we are developing some embarrassment from passing smelly gas and stools at school.

This is all on my mind pretty constantly, when you have a child with CF or any other illness I'd imagine it's hard to know when to call the Dr. & when to let things go.

I am wondering if certain things are connected or if this is just some normal child stuff that I need not to analyze and connect it all back to CF.

I am blogging about this so I have a reference of what's going on when I take her to the Dr.- because the list is getting long of things to bring up to her...

CF sucks and I can't wait for the corrector drugs! -Did I mention that?

No comments:

Post a Comment