"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Something Special for Today

Today is Ayla's actual Birthday! She is 5 years old and today was the first time I publicly shared my testimony.  We had a special meeting at MOPS called "Tea and Testimony" and I felt led to give mine.  We have all come so far and I felt like today was the perfect day to tell this story for God!

It was really an amazing experience.  If you know me you know I don't like the spot light and public speaking pretty much terrifies me but today I felt total peace and confidence as I got up in front of 80+ ladies.  I know that it was a God thing and not a "krista" thing!

I felt like I was where God had wanted me to be and was doing what he had been preparing me for, for such a long time!

When I found out this special meeting fell on Ayla's birthday, I knew I had to do it!

I wasn't the only one who shared today, another extremely brave woman shared her story and touched us all.  I really enjoyed the meeting and the chance to share what God has done in our lives!

Tonight we are taking Ayla out to a restaurant of her choosing for her birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ayla! Enjoy your dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ayla! I am proud of you Krista. Like you, speaking in front of others terrifies me. I pray I get better because I felt I needed to speak a few months ago and I cried the entire time. I am sure it will get easier with time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Krista! So proud of you! If I had known you were sharing, I would have seen if I could have come as a guest today if they had nursery for my kids. I heard it was very good. Happy Birthday to Ayla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Yes Tonya-this was 5 years in the making!! Nancy I would have loved for you to be there!!

    ReplyDelete