"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

35 Weeks and "The Mullet Fair"

Every year in our small town of Niceville, FL there is a festival called the "Mullet Festival"-after the fish not the hair-cut.  We live near Destin, FL and a bay lies in between full of these fish.  This has been going on for 35 years and is kind of a big deal around these parts.  Country Music singers from Rascall Flatts to Dixie Chicks have come to perform.
Back in the day it was the place to be, when we were younger we would hang out there all weekend.
Well since having kids Larry and I have not been in 4 years and Ayla was finally at the age (and height) to enjoy some rides.  She was calling it the "Mullet Fair"-so the name stuck.  We took her on Sunday and stayed for about 2 hours, that was about all my feet and ankles and body could take.  She had fun and that's all that mattered...it reminded us that we have not been missing out on anything cool the last four years....
 Riding the Pony...all by herself
 Riding the Fake Pony with Daddy...
 Totally Cute..
 She won this bobbing for ducks...yes, it has skulls, roses and swords...ha
 Riding the bikes....

 Look Daddy!!
 She loved this slide
 making new friends on the carousel
Ayla and Daddy on the way out....

Here I am....35 week picture....I had to rely on larry to take a picture of me which is always scary but it works.  When I look at this picture I see how frustrated I am...I couldn't find anything that fit me that morning for church or to wear out there.  It's getting cooler and all my cute clothes are for summer.  It doesn't help that I'm growing all the time and just feeling pretty gross lately.  I can't believe it's almost November and Autumn-Faith will be here before I know it.  
When I think about her birth I think:
  • How will it happen?
  • Will my water break one night while I'm sleeping?
  • Who will she look like?
  • How excited I am to see how this story plays out!!!
  • I can't wait to hold her and Ayla at the same time!!!
  • I can't wait to see Larry's face when he lays his eyes on her!!
  • I am only slightly worried about the CF test that will be done upon her birth...I am okay with whatever the outcome, but I am believing she will be totally healthy!
Only a few more of these weekly posts and I will be debuting our baby girl and our family of four!!

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely! You look great by the way! The Mullet fair had me laughing, I instantly thought hair style! We actually had the privilege of fishing in that bay a few years back, we were visiting friends in Pensocola and took a charter boat fishing! I loved it and we seen lot's of Dolphins too! Wishing nothing but happiness and health to your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Jamie!! It's a beautiful place to live....Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog contains informational and educational material. The post enhance my thoughts and experience. So nice!
    I've got to scramble to keep up with your prodigious output!

    ReplyDelete