"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Thursday, September 8, 2011

28 Week Appointment and Glucose Test

I wrote this on Wednesday.....still waiting on someone to take a picture of me when I am dressed cute...which is not that often....maybe tonight!

Today I had the dreaded glucose test.  My Dr. does a 3 hour in-office test that requires fasting, I was a little worried since I have been having some hypo-glacemic episodes lately.  But I stayed up late pounding protein and I guess it paid off.  Paid off in some ways....but NOT on the scale....I gained a whopping 8 pounds since my appointment last month.  We will just blame that on the hamburger patty I ate and glass of milk I drank at 11:30 last night.  I was determined to not have a spell......

Once I got to the Dr's office I had my fasting sugar taken and it was normal.  So I drank the nasty orange drink that tasted like sunkist with no carbonation and waited another hour to be tested again.  In the meantime I went back to see the Dr. since I was there for a check up as well.  I always get nervous but I prayed extra hard for peace today and felt pretty calm and confident.

She got out the dreaded measuring tape and said I was "normal" and then found the heartbeat right away.  She said baby is growing perfectly....and we talked about the contractions I had yesterday evening.  Yes, I said contractions.....I was put on meds & bed rest with Ayla and hopefully I won't have that happen again...She said a few every now and again were "normal."  I start my 2 week appointments now and at my next one we will do an ultrasound on the 19th!  This will really be the point I feel like I will be able to relax about the anatomical development of this baby.  So by the 30 week point we will def be able to know if we are in "the clear."  And then I can move on to thinking about our final hurdle.....CF testing.

My 2nd and 3rd glucose readings were normal as well, so no gestational diabetes!  I filled out information for my hospital stay and it really sank in that this is going to happen....I can't believe I will be mom to 2 girls soon.

I still have lots to do to get ready!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear everything is going well. I hope it continues that way! I think its probably fair to say that we're sharing a lot of the same feelings these days. It's always nice to read about the good things going on for someone whose in the same boat you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we are Erin! It has been a long road...and still some hurdles to overcome...but I feel like it's going to work out for the best..and I am so excited!! prayers for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete