"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

Help!!!

I got a call today from another VPK provider in our area that I had Ayla on the wait-list at.  They had an opening and are holding a space for her and want to meet with me tomorrow for my decision. This provider was high on my list and these are the pro's and con's of each:

Option A:
PRO's

  • This provider is highly recommended
  • Ayla has even played there before during smaller meetings a couple times a month-so she is familiar.  
  • Christian based 
  • 3day a week (W,Th,Fri) 
  • School offers more the "complete" experience
CON's

  • Larger group of kids/bigger classes
  • Day's are longer and includes lunch
  • Administering Enzymes 
Option B:
PRO'S

  • Montessori Type learning
  • Highly recommended
  • Smaller Classes
  • Shorter day, no lunch
CON'S

  • 5 day a week program 


The weekly schedule is probably the most important aspect to me, I have been really struggling with having her out of her home environment 5 days a week and having to administer all of her treatments so early in the mornings.  I feel like she might not get enough sleep, with the way things have gone lately-we can't get treatments done before 9-930 at nights.

Not saying I can't get on a better routine, her life is so structured in so many uncontrollable ways that it would be nice to not have to kill ourselves to get things done quickly so often

So any opinions would be helpful-I have 24 hours to make this decision....Such a BIG decision!!

7 comments:

  1. Krista, bless your heart. I know all too well about the struggles of making such an important decision and having to factor in meds, etc. I realize that every child/situation is different...but since you're asking for opinions...here's mine. I pick the first choice. 3 days at that age is plenty and especially when you have to factor in the other children/meds. It will be a lot of added stress on you to have everything ready for 5 days a week, as well as and added stress if she needs to miss days because she's not feeling well, etc. Plus a Montessori type education is really quite different than perhaps what she is used to. Have you ever sat in on one of their classes? After I did...I knew it wasn't for my kids...but again...each child is so different and boys are really quite different and I was looking at it for my them at the time. :)I know God will direct your path for Ayla's education...and I know it's easier said than done...but do your best...rely on God and it will be just fine. :) Ayla is going to be an amazing little girl no matter where you decide her education will take place!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like both choices are great! As her mom, you are the BEST person to make this decision since you know her the BEST. But personally, I value smaller class sizes and shorter days. I was an elementary teacher for 12 years, and I KNOW I was a more attentive, better teacher for my smaller classes than larger ones. I also know how hard it is to keep track of each child's needs when you have so many. (enzymes would be an example). Half days would allow her to make the transition better...full day is alot when you have never been a school setting before. Good luck on your decision- mama knows her best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will certainly be praying for you during this decision making process. God will direct your and Larry's path. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments on this! We really appreciate each of them!! I think I know what is right for us....just have to pray about it tonight and see if I feel the same in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is new for me to your website and after penetrating some pages I have determined to break in your journey frequently, as I have liked you site to a large amount.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter what as an artist that's always what you want to do, you want to connect to the audience, you want to be able to send whatever message it is that you're singing about, you want to be able to convey that - and not make them feel - you want them to feel it, you want them to feel what you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What did you decide? How is it going? I am trying to decide between the 3/5day week but do not have any medical concerns. God bless you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete