"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Sticky CF Cough.....

Well I hate to say it but Ayla has a CF cough....she has not responded well to the 2 different antibiotics her pediatrician prescribed and this is day 12 of dealing with this.

Her nose is less runny but I can still suck out (gross sorry) green gobs of mucus.  Her cough is still very productive and she's even gagging on the mucus that comes up.  Im trying to get her to spit but she hasn't figured that out yet.

I have called in to the CF clinic and am awaiting a call from them to see what they want to do.  We have clinic next week with GI and CF so we will get a full rundown of this then.

My usual partner to go on our clinic trips with us (Nana) is going to be with my sister who's due to have my nephew Cohen anytime now, so we have to figure that out.  But no biggie, I'm not opposed to going by myself.  Her daddy owns his own business and comes with us at times but with me being a stay at home mom, we can't afford him to take off much!  ~We love you Larry~

Hoping I get the call soon from Shands to let me know what we should do about this sticky cough~

~krista

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I feel your pain. I'm not sure what Ayla takes now, but when Drew got his first CF cough they started him on Albuterol before his airway clearance (which they suggested we try to do 3-4 times a day), then they added Pulmozyme to help get rid of all of the DNA left from all of the white blood cells so that they don't add to the mucus, and finally Pulmicort to help with some of the inflammation. It was (actually IS, we still do it) a lot, but it definitely helps to open him up and get him cleared out. Hes got a lot more airway issues that it sounds like Ayla has had, but those are some things that helped him. I hope she gets over it soon, and I hope you are hanging in there too. We've found that cold with CF are tough on the whole family! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin, I appreciate you concerns...Yes Ayla has had mostly GI issues. Whenever she's gotten a cold/cough....its been a round on antibiotics or just wait it out for a week and it's gone....
    Not the case this time..We have never done pulmicort, but she does pulmozyme...so we will see what they come up with i guess.. Ill post an update...BTW: I liked your post the other day ;0) Thanks again- and hope Drew and the rest of your family is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete