"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Things are so different so far......

Before I graduated from High School I had a name picked out for my baby girl.  Ayla was so easy to name and I never knew until a few years ago the profound meaning it would have in our lives.  
"Oak Tree"

With this pregnancy I really felt like I was having a boy and had a name and everything all picked out.  Even though deep down I really longed for a sister for Ayla...and I am so grateful she has one on the way!  
But.......I have no idea about a name for this girl........every name I hear-I think they are cute but they don't seem fitting for our second child.

There is a name I like and it has meaning to me but it's taken.  My husband also loves it and us agreeing on names is kindoph been tough.  I call him old fashioned and he calls me crazy!  I like boy names for girls and unique names that you don't hear everyday and he looks at me like i'm crazy..hahah...BUT....I don't want to take someone else's name and that's how it feels.  

This child's name has to have meaning though, b/c of the super special meaning Ayla's name has to us.  Just hearing a name off tv isn't going to cut it...And for some reason my personality won't let me plan anything else (room, colors, etc.) until I have figured this out....

So Suggestions please......

2 comments:

  1. I did a search for baby names with a "sister" meaning and Eris is greek origin for the sister of the god of war. Another spelling is Erys.

    I'll have to keep thinking about it! I love thinking of baby names! Oh, and I love boy names for girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter's name is Amerie(Am-er-ee) Unique, but not weird =)

    ReplyDelete