"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, March 14, 2011

Ayla's Army Fundraising Events.......

2011 has brought many new ideas and people getting involved in our cause.  Last year we had a couple events and ended up raising 10,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  Which I was very proud of, but of course reaching one goal breeds higher expectations.  This year I really hope to do better than that.  I am so grateful for all of my friends and family who have signed up to help!

In late February we had our 2nd annual Rummage Sale for CF.  It was very successful again this year and we had so many items donated and ended up doing a whopping $1300.00!!

On March 10 we had our First Annual "Steak and Take" -we got our church and a local restaurant to donate some of the food items and sold 400 tickets!! We had to turn at least 50 away b/c we were sold out -we could have done at least 500!  We will keep that in mind next year!!  Our 2nd event brought in $2400.00 profit towards our goal!!

I am so excited with all that's going on, I sometimes forget how much I love this time of year!! Fundraising is something I would have never thought rewarding in my younger-more selfish years.  But I get such satisfaction after completing an event and deeming it a "success."





This Tuesday I have a new friend who is throwing a Lia Sophia party at a local restaurant and donating all her profits to Ayla's Army and the CFF!  What a great way to couple fun and fundraising together especially for women.  The jewelry is gorgeous and I can't wait to have some "girl-time."

I will be sure to update on how we fair after our party tomorrow night.  I am so blessed by all the new people in my life giving their time and talents to benefit Ayla and everyone else with C.F.

I know we are going to blow away our goal this year!!!

-krista

2 comments:

  1. See you Tuesday night:-) You are doing a great job raising so much for CFF- that is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Nancy so glad you can come!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete