"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Great Strides 2011....A lot is happening!!

The schedule for fundraising over the next few months is really beginning to fill up!  Which is such a blessing.  It's amazing to me the willingness of people to get involved with our cause and go above and beyond what I would imagine.

In December I was worried about how I would get everyone excited about fundraising this year.  I was worried that I myself wouldn't be the motivator the my team needed.  But January came around and Ayla's Army is off with a running start!

These are the events we already have "on the books" for 2011:
Great Strides Kickoff Luncheon Bonefish Grill 2//8
Prize Drawing Ticket Sales
2nd Annual Rummage Sale for CF 2/26
1st Annual "Steak & Take" March
2nd Annual "Party with A Cause" Schooner's Restaurant 
2011 Ayla's Army TShirt Sales -ongoing

This year is going to be a great year for raising money, I am so excited about the leaps and bounds Scientists and Researchers have made in 2010....Let's hope 2011 brings many more....Great Strides is a way for us to do our part.  

I get really excited thinking about the possibility that we could be so close to changing C.F. to mean Cure Found!  

Thanks to everyone has donated a prize, reserved a T shirt, RSVP's to an event, donated money, joined my team, and supported us so far. 

I can't wait to see what our total is this year!! 

The Destin Walk is April 30th-Contact me to get involved!!

-krista

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! I'm so excited for Great Strides this year! It's gonna be a GREAT year for CF research, Krista! I can feel it! I'm so proud to be able to be a part of this wonderful event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- Hoping that the boys and I can walk again this year. We will have to see if Isabelle cooperates. If so, hopefully Aiden won't have a complete meltdown like last year. (we had to bolt shortly after the walk- so unlike him!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so too Tonya...I was running around like a crazy person so I don't even remember!
    I think he will love it this year, I think build a bear is gonna be there, slides, live band...many many more kids activities too!!

    ReplyDelete