"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm Still here....

This is the sick little girl......still a cutie pie..

Well, things have been crazy busy lately.  We have been moving, traveling, and now we are sick!  I took Ayla to the Dr. today to get this cold checked out.  We don't live near our CF center so I take her to Pediatrician and when needed make the trip.  So hopefully this cold will be gone soon.

We have our next GI and Cf clinics October 13 @ UF.  Her Dr. said today that she is in the 50th% for height and weight!  Considering all she's been through-he was very impressed!  He said that if her growth continues this trend she will be 5.4' and 128 lb's....I just smile when I think of those numbers...hard to believe she will grow into a woman only 2 feet 2 inches from now...shes 3 feet 2 inches right now..tall?  I think so!!

She's doing well, we are working on getting her into a Mother's Day out program at a local church for social interaction and more activity one day a week.  Hopefully that works out soon, I go to MOPS at this church and she had an amazing time during her "playtime."

School is going ok......we have been so busy lately that we haven't had many "formal" lessons...or what I would consider a "lesson" but we have been trying to notice the world around us...talk about things and read books!!  I'm going to try to get better at it...but isn't that what school should be at this age??? Playtime!!

So....that's about all that's going on with us...my sister over at the Gifford Blog is about to POP with her 3rd boy Cohen Miles....we can't wait to meet him! I'm sad I will not be there for his birth...I have been there for her other children's birthdays...but not this one... BOO

That's the update...I will try to get these done more often...no promises though ;0)

~krista

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krista. Have you tried the WEE school at FBC? Jack goes there and we have really been pleased with their program. Hope you guys get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going well and pray the cold has passed.

    ReplyDelete