"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Child's Paradise

I have started to go to MOPS recently.  I have so much fun and really enjoy the time with the other ladies.  In turn Ayla gets to play in this amazing facility for 3 hours twice a month.  She is always leery about going to children's church or other things similar to that but she LOVES this place!!  She's been twice and when I pick her up she's always hiding from me!!

Upon exiting the kids have a choice of walking down with parents or sliding down an enormous slide just for them.  Ayla wanted to slide multiple times today when we left.

I have always been skeptical about letting Ayla participate in these kind of group play dates inside, because of the germs and CF.. But since she's gotten a little older and I know she's not going to put any little thing in her mouth I feel more confident.  I'm even considering letting her go to a one day a week program at this church.
When she asked to go "Like all the other kids" my heart melted....why should I let CF keep her from this?  I'll just leave it up to prayer and good judgement!

We will see how it goes during COLD SEASON (EEK!!) I'm sure I'll set something up with the coordinators to call me if there is a sick child in her class and I'll remove her for that day.

But if you know Ayla....you know she is SO-CIAL!!! And I really think she needs this and apparently she agrees!

~Krista

2 comments:

  1. Put her in with Owen on Mon, Wed, Fri for MDO. It would be so fun. They would have a blast. Pretty sure she would be in his class on Monday or Wed.

    ReplyDelete