"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Monday, July 12, 2010

Tonsillitis

Well......I thought I had it all figured out in my last post...I just knew Ayla's fever had to be related to her ears....Well I was wrong!
I took her to the Dr. this morning and his first concern was MONO after seeing a badly infected throat and knowing her symptoms.  That would not be good considering MONO affects the liver and spleen.  And Ayla doesn't need anything else affecting those organs!
So he ordered blood-work and it came back negative for MONO (whew!), but her white blood cells were elevated. So the poor thing has Tonsillitis....she's got some new meds and hopefully they will work and she will be all back to normal very soon.
The past few days we have been cooped up inside and she's been doing a lot of resting...Stinks because we have some friends in town and we can't hang out :0( But so glad this fever was not a mystery and the root of the problem was found.
So tired of my baby being sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment