"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm on a mission...

So since I decided I was going to start homeschooling Ayla, I have been going non-stop!  I have been craigslist-ing, ebay-ing and shopping around for everything I "need." Or should I say.....want!

Why do I have to do this??  Every time I get a new idea in my head I have to go way overboard in making everything perfect and orderly.

Why can't I just do this at my kitchen table like most people start out?? Oh-no!! That would be entirely too easy!!

So right now in our house we have 2 spare bedrooms, so I tell myself: "why not make her a school room?"

So I want to get a desk, chair, rug, easel, books, teachers guide, peg boards, storage bins...ya know..the "necessities" ;0)   Because it can't just be functional...it has to be adorable!!

Okay so I am totally making fun of myself, but it's true.  My husband is about to do an "intervention" for my spending addiction.

I want to be organized and want her to be excited when she sees the final product.  Since I am new to this whole thing...having everything I need makes me feel more confident.

I still have some items to buy and I may be picking up an Uber-Cute little childs desk tomorrow..

It's ONLY $15.00 -that's good right?? The price totally justifies it!!  Who could pass that up?

Certainly not me!!!

~krista

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! So fun!! Please post pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Krista, this is your Mother. I apologize for passing down these perfect project compulsions.

    After all, if you're going to do something do it right! :-)

    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to see your final project :)

    ReplyDelete