"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Friday, March 9, 2012

Ayla Update: Results

We have gotten some good results from most of the tests that were ordered.
C-diff was Negative
Tummy Xray showed Improvement
The Chest X-ray was not clear, and accompanied by the cough she presented this had the Dr and myself concerned.
The Throat Culture is still early but showing Normal Flora
We talked with the Dr. on Wed night and have a plan to admit for a tune up next week sometime.  And also do a bronch along with Picc line upon admission. Most likely have a few days in hospital and then come home on home iv's to finish out.

Ayla's tummy has still been bothering her but getting better each day.  Yesterday she attended school and got to take graduation pictures with her class.  After I picked her up we went to the park and she played hard for a couple more hours.  She was asleep during her night time treatments-she slept very good and didn't cough.

This morning she has not coughed as much either.  I don't know if this will affect our plans for admission but unless her lungs sound better I don't see things changing.  I really want this bronch to happen- it's funny I was so reluctant about it at first scared of the procedure but now I know how vital it is to her health to know whats going on deep down in her lungs that I am almost excited about it.
I guess God has a way of preparing you for things one way or the other.

I have a call in to the nurse to get the particulars about next week for planning purposes.  We have a plan to stay at the RMH and I will stay with her all day and once she's asleep for the night take the baby back to RM and nurse and get her through the night.  I now have 2 children who need me and while this is very different from other hospitalizations we have had...I think it will force me to rest and in the end will be just fine.

Hopefully the nurse calls me back and hopefully her culture remains normal as it finishes out the next few days of incubating or whatever they do with it.  Hopefully her lungs have improved and her tummy continues to do just that.

For now we wait and see....

2 comments:

  1. I like your informating blog. I have it in my rss reader and always like new things coming uo from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. This blog always create some informational and amazing things, which add in my knowledge and experience.

    ReplyDelete