"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Yellow Balloon-A Poem For My Baby

I will free a yellow balloon for you....

This balloon shall be yellow not pink or blue....

I do this to memorialize the day you would have arrived.....

I do this to remember the way you would have touched our lives....

I will free a yellow balloon for me....

From your home in heaven this balloon you will see....

You will know each year when I release it into the air....

That I'm thinking of you and the times we could have shared....

I will free a yellow balloon for us and the fun we would have had....

Mommy misses you and it still makes me sad....

On this Thanksgiving's eve I remember the joy you brought to your family...

If even for a moment, it was worth it-to have you there with me....

Happy Would Be Birthday Baby Love Mommy.....
Ayla had to have a balloon of her own!
Mommy & Ayla
Our Balloon for Baby...
Off It went...to heaven..

This idea came from a comment on a Blog post I did right after my miscarriage.  I loved the idea then and now after actually doing it today- I loved it even more! 
It was actually something I could do-action...instead of just talking about it. 
It was a great way to start out the day!
And later today I get to meet my Nephew Cohen for the first time (ironic, huh?)

~Krista

2 comments:

  1. Okay... I've had my cry for the day. This is such a beautiful idea, Krista! Thinking of you, Larry and Ayla today. I know your littl one in heaven is looking down and smiling! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Baby Items

    ReplyDelete