"Everyone needs a place to call their own"

Friday, August 29, 2014

"I have CF, no biggie"

We recently moved to a new neighborhood. Ayla is so excited to meet new friends. Yesterday she and Larry were outside and so were our neighbors. They have two girls. They played and Ayla was so excited. She came inside and told me: "I told her mom what I have, but she didn't know what I was talking about."
Me: "what you have?"
Ayla: "you know cystic fibrosis?"
Me: "oh, yea? What did she say?"
Ayla: "she just said what's that? And I said oh you know I do my jacket and take enzymes and stuff"
Me: "yea we will have to tell her about it sometime, huh?"
I wanted to cry for a second and I'm not sure why. I don't know if i could have been more proud of my kid than that very moment. 
To me Cystic Fibrosis runs my life at times and feels like it's all consuming. But to her she's like: "oh yea you know it's this thing I deal with but I'm still awesome"
I'll gladly take the heat for you babe, as long as you'll let me! 

Want to learn more about CF? Visit www.cff.org and see how awesome she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment